Having mold in your home isn’t just an aesthetically unpleasant problem – mold can also seriously harm your health. Mold is actually a fungus that grows in moist areas. Once it accumulates in your home, it may cause mold poisoning, as the fungus releases spores in the air that can easily end up in your body. Conventional medicine doesn’t work against mold poisoning, and the problem is also very difficult to diagnose. It is commonly mistaken for other conditions due to the non-specific symptoms, which is why people don’t realize the problem until it becomes too late.
Mold toxicity can affect anyone regardless of age or gender. The spores released by the mold can aggravate asthma and transmit dangerous bacteria. Mold is a common problem in humid and warm countries – these conditions are ideal for fungal overgrowth on walls. Mold toxicity is a serious problem that can harm your health, specifically the central nervous system. The most common symptoms of mold toxicity are throat irritation, cough, bloody eyes and respiratory problems, but people suffering from the condition are also at an increased risk of sinusitis and rhinitis. The mold diseases has been associated with a weakened immune system, fatigue, headaches, mood swings and cancer, and the disease is a part of the “sick building syndrome”, which is a systemic inflammatory response that occurs after exposure to mold.
Here are the main symptoms of mold exposure:
- Memory problems and lack of focus;
- Fatigue and weakness;
- Cramps, joint pain;
- Body aches;
- Numbness and tingling;
- Blurred vision, bloody eyes and sensitivity to light;
- Rhinitis, sinusitis, cough, asthma;
- Tremors and vertigo;
- Nausea, diarrhea, appetite changes;
- Metallic taste in the mouth;
- Weight gain;
- Night sweats;
- Excessive thirst;
- Frequent urination.
In order to avoid moisture in your home and the appearance of mold, you need to air and clean your house frequently. This will keep everything dry and prevent mold from accumulating in your home.
The kitchen and bathroom are the places where mold usually accumulates as they’re often moist. To remove mold from bathroom and kitchen tiles, mix 100 ml. of distilled water and some white vinegar, then spray the solution on the affected areas, leave it to work for 5 minutes and wash it off with water. To remove mold from your walls, you’ll need to find an appropriate antifungal cleaning solution. There are many to pick from – before applying the antifungal product, clean the walls with some bleach and water, remove the excess mold and then use the product. This should be enough to get rid of the mold. To prevent mildew in closets and wardrobes, clean them with a damp cloth and some vinegar regularly, and always leave the door open for a bit in order to prevent moisture.
There’s also a natural recipe that can easily break up the mold in your home. To remove the mold, use tea tree oil, which has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties. Tea tree oil is very cheap and easy to find, and it is very effective against mold. Here’s how to use it:
1 liter of water
5 tablespoons of tea tree oil
Just mix the ingredients in a spray bottle, then spray the solution on the affected areas once or twice a week. For wooden surfaces, spray the mixture on a cloth first and wipe with it. For mold on the walls, spray the solution directly on them and rub well with a sponge.