Does your bathroom smell like urine? Don’t worry – we’ve all been there. Do you know how to eliminate this unpleasant smell? If you don’t, you’re at the right place – we’re going to show you how to eliminate this smell effectively without using harmful chemical products.
Sometimes, the bathroom just smells unpleasant and it seems that nothing you do works. One solution is to clean the bathroom every day, but this is a time-consuming process, not to mention that it’s tiring. You can also spend hours cleaning the bathroom and the smell still won’t go away. If you’ve already tried anything and nothing works, don’t be depressed – we’re going to show you an effective solution that will help you get rid of the odor.
Here are a few tips that could help:
- When cleaning your toilet, always check the underneath of the seat – the smell might be coming from there. If this is the problem, pour some apple cider vinegar on it, then put on rubber gloves and clean it;
- If the smell still persists, check the rubber or silicone plug between the toilet and floor – it might be worn and leaking, causing your bathroom to smell bad;
- Check all the connections of the toilet bowl – if anything is worn or ruptured, you need to replace it;
- Clean your bathroom thoroughly and remember – sometimes natural cleaning products work better than the commercial ones. Try the following – mix a part of baking soda, 2 parts of oxygenated water and a few drops of ACV and use the mixture to clean the toilet bowl and the whole bathroom;
- Renew your sponges, toilet-cleaning brushes and trashcan often, especially those that come in contact with the toilet. If you’re not replacing them often, clean them with bleach regularly.
Here’s how to prepare a natural absorbent that will help you get rid of any odor in your home:
- An empty bottle
- 3-5 cloves
- Baking soda
- A piece of fabric
Fill the bottle to a half with baking soda, then add the cloves and a few drops of your favorite essential oil if you like. Now, put a piece of fabric in it, and secure it with a rubber band at the top. This simple trick will easily absorb any kind of odor in your home, including the smell of urine from your bathroom. Try the trick yourself and you will be amazed by the results!
As you can see, your bathroom doesn’t need to smell bad – there are plenty of simple tricks which can help you eliminate the odor. The bathroom is a key spot in your home and should always be kept clean and smelling fresh. For this reason, try any of the tricks mentioned above and we’re sure you’re going to love them.