The dandruff can be controlled by regularly taking care of the health of your hair. You can also try out some simple and natural homemade remedies.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff due to its antifungal properties. It also hydrates the dry scalp and alleviates the itching.
- Take a little bit of coconut oil and mix it with half a lemon’s juice.
- Rub it in your skin and massage a few minutes.
- Wash your hair after at least 20 minutes.
- Go on with this treatment twice or thrice a week.
- Baking soda
Being a gentle exfoliator, baking soda helps remove dead skin cells and absorbs the excess of grease. It can also help level the pH of the scalp and reduce the growth of fungus causing dandruff.
- Wash your hair and rub a handful of baking soda in your scalp.
- After a few minutes rinse your hair with warm water.
- Repeat the treatment twice a week during several weeks.
- Note: Don’t wash your hair after the treatment.
White vinegar is one of the best home remedies for treating dandruff. Vinegar contains acetic acid which prevents the growth of fungus on the scalp and alleviates the itching.
Mix two cups of water with a cup of vinegar. Wash your hair with this mixture after using the hair shampoo.
The other option is massaging the scalp with a mixture of white vinegar, olive oil and thrice as much of water. After 10 minutes, rinse it off and shampoo your hair with a mild hair shampoo.
Do either of the treatments once or twice a week.
- Olive oil
Dry scalp can be cured with the regular usage of extra virgin olive oil, an effective natural humectant.
- Warm up the extra virgin olive oil until it’s moderately warm.
- Massage it in on the scalp and then wrap your hair in a warm towel.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes or during the night and then wash your hair regularly with shampoo and conditioner.